The Matrix basement finishing system is a waterproof, mildew proof, green, eco-friendly basement finishing system made up of MgO-Based (Magnesium-Oxide), and Double-Sided Wall Panels. This product is a non-organic, non-toxic, construction material perfect for basement applications. Used together, our finishing system creates a completely dry and highly-insulated basement environment. We will give you the driest basement from floor to ceiling.
THE MATRIX ADVANTAGE - Green Basement Living
- Improved Indoor Air Quality (IAC)
- Zero VOCs Paint Products
- Green Materials
- 100% Non-Organic
- 100% Moisture, Mildew and Mold Proof
- 500% Stronger than Drywall
- Unlimited Décor Options
- Internal Electric Raceway for easy wiring of electronics
THE MATRIX PROCESS
- Design – Visualization and Financing
- Manufacturing – we manufacture our products in Arlington Heights, IL.
- Installation – We have in-house Matrix Certified Installation Crews both licensed and insured.
- Fully Licensed, Insured and Bonded – Matrix will obtain all necessary building permits for clients, if requested.
- Matrix will always perform all contracted work to meet local building codes.
- Production management will complete a plan review with all clients prior to installation.
- Matrix Installers work from architectural blueprints, minimizing any miscommunication between design and installation.
Learn More About Our Process
How Our Panels Are Made (Made in the USA)
The Matrix Wall Panels are structurally insulated panels (SIP) made of two ¼-inch magnesium oxide skins (MgO-Board) that sandwich a 3 1/2-inch layer of closed-cell foam (polystyrene) between them. The boards are eco-friendly, have an R-value of 18, as well as fire, water, mold, and mildew-resistant. These double-sided wall panels are paintable, seamless, and highly-durable with a finish far superior to drywall. This product will maintain its dimensional stability even when wet.
Each wall has two cored out holes for conduit. By using smaller pieces of MgO (called splines), we connect these wall panels together like LEGO® Bricks and adhere them to the concrete foundation with a metal tracking system to create an entire wall system. We leave every installed panel finished with an anti-microbial primer coating so they are ready for painting. Once completed and installed, the Matrix Wall Panels create a highly insulated, energy efficient, waterproof, mildew proof, mold proof, paintable wall that leaves a seamless finish far superior to drywall. Not only do you gain added value in overall material performance with this wall system product, it is easily installed and can decrease your construction schedules by a several weeks.
How does the MgO-Board we use compare to other products in the industry?
Some other brands of finishing products use Silica in their cement board, which has been proven to be a harmful substance that could lead to serious personal injury or death when subjected to prolonged use. Using construction products that are made with Silica is currently an issue that is being investigated by OSHA. Our MgO-Board is an environmentally-friendly and contractor-friendly product that does not compromise indoor air quality or the health of anyone that uses it.
Rockfon™ Ceiling Tiles
When finishing the basement, we can add in Rockfon™ Ceiling Tiles. These tiles are made from stone wool materials which are composed of mostly basalt rock and 42% recycled materials. This eco-friendly ceiling tile is available in a variety of shapes, sizes, and styles. It's a lightweight panel which is easy to carry and install. It's an economical alternative to some other types of suspended ceiling basement systems, and it has many benefits. The tiles will be able to block out sounds from the first and second floors of the home due to its high sound absorption qualities, and it's also fire and water resistant. These tiles will give the basement a smooth, modern, and professional appearance.
Wall Panel Highlights
Waterproof │ Mold Proof │Mildew Proof │ Fire-Resistant │ Insect Proof
80 dB Acoustical Insulation Properties │ Impact-Resistant
Non-Toxic │Energy-Efficient │ Seamless │ Paintable
Benefits and Advantages to the Matrix Basement Finishing System
- A Matrix Wall Panel is much stronger than traditional drywall; one panel can support up to 300 lbs. of weight for hanging TVs, speakers, and artwork.
- Each and every panel has a spline connection then seamed with an anti-microbial epoxy, mud, and lightly sanded. The end result is an extremely smooth, seamless, and ready for primer!
- Our panels hold paint and primer better than drywall. Your walls will have a less viscous look when painting multiple coats!
- Our Panels can't be damaged by moisture and won't support mold and mildew growth.
- Unlike fiberglass batt insulation, polystyrene foam insulation will not absorb moisture.
- No framing is needed; the Matrix Wall Panels eliminate the use for wood and metal studs.
- A 4x8 wall panel has an R-18 insulation rating and is more energy efficient than a traditionally built wall made from drywall. You can save up to 20% off your monthly energy bills just using our wall system!
- Long term product reliability; our panels are backed by a 50 year, fully transferable warranty!
FREE DESIGN ESTIMATES
Interested in taking the next step? Allow a Matrix Design Consultant customize a floor plan around your needs and help you design your future basement during a FREE design consultation! Call us today at 847-929-9341 to set up your appointment!
LEGO®is a trademark of the LEGO Group of companies which does not sponsor, authorize or endorse this site.