Have you considered creating a basement office in your home? As a result of recent changes in the workforce, more Americans have started to work from home, at least part-time. Since then, a variety of home office ideas have started to circulate the internet — including basement office ideas!
Basement home offices are becoming increasingly popular among homeowners due to the many benefits they provide. We’ve put together a list of 5 advantages to creating a home office in your finished basement. Take a look at them below!
1. Increased Property ValueMore and more companies are encouraging their employees to work from home as opposed to coming into the office full-time. With a built-in home office, your house is a much more attractive property on the real estate market. As work from home models become more popular, homeowners and investors will be looking to purchase properties that accommodate this new trend.
2. Minimal DistractionsIf you’ve tried working from home, you already know that several distractions can arise throughout the day. Unless you live on your own, concentrating on work related tasks can be difficult. By placing your home office in the basement, you’re able to physically separate your work-life from your home-life, providing you much needed structure when working from home.
3. Maximum Use of SpaceImpromptu home offices end up taking away space from other areas in the home. A finished basement allows for your work space to be independent from every other room. You can also create additional spaces in your finished basement such as a bar or gym, allowing you to take full advantage of every square foot in your home.
4. Unlimited Design OptionsBy placing your home office in the basement, you’ll avoid having to make sure your work desk matches the furniture in your living room, or the color of your bedroom walls. You can create a completely unique color palette and spatial design for your basement home office. This gives you the freedom to choose a set-up that reflects your personality and specific design preferences!
5. Increased StorageUnless you have a spare room in your home that you can turn into an office, your work station can quickly become cluttered. Homeowners are often forced to push their work desks up against a living room or dining room wall, leaving little room for office storage. By building your home office in your finished basement, you’ll enjoy more space to store your office items.
Call Matrix Basement Systems Today to Learn More About Our Finished Basements
Wondering how else a finished basement can benefit your home? Call the basement contractors at Matrix Basement Systems today to learn more about what our finished basements have been able to do for our customers. You can also submit a quick form online to grab your free, no-obligation project estimate.